Bikes Make Life Better designs and operates world-class bicycle programs for large organizations that have a strong commitment to sustainable transportation. We run a robust bike program for a high-tech company headquartered in Menlo Park, CA and are expanding our on-site bike and transit support at their Seattle offices.
We are seeking an experienced bicycle mechanic to provide bike repairs for employees, prep and repair loaner bikes, as well as assist with any bike and alternative transportation questions.
Ideal candidate will be able to competently diagnose and repair bicycles and accurately document work in a timely, efficient manner. This is a fast-paced, dynamic, cutting-edge bike program unlike a traditional bike shop, with a simple mission: to get more people on bikes, whether for transportation, recreation or commuting to work.
· Repair employee bikes and loaner bikes
· Help employees with transportation options and bike parking
· Handle sales of bike accessories through a POS system
· Assist in coordinating classes, rides, and events that promote bike commuting
· Help promote the loaner bike program and other bike-related programs such as Bike to Work days
· 3+ years professional experience as a bike mechanic, ideally in a bike or all-sport shop
· Proven ability to assemble and work on all types of bikes, including high-end road and mountain bikes
· Solid computer skills (POS, Excel, CRM) and comfort learning/using new programs
· Friendly and customer service-driven
· Self-starter with superb time management skills and the ability to multitask in a collaborative, busy work environment
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Familiarity with social media
· Familiarity with Seattle a real plus
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected], highlighting your career as a mechanic and tell us a little about yourself:
When did your passion for cycling/wrenching begin?
What motivates you about bicycle repair and service?
How do you keep yourself focused and efficient when the repair queue is full and there are customers waiting for service?
Compensation is competitive at $19/hour with benefits such as healthcare coverage, dental/vision, PTO, 401k plan, and free meals.
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.