must be an action-oriented individual who learns quickly and works
independently to create solutions for diverse problems. Candidate should be comfortable
managing and resolving competing priorities to meet project deadlines. Our
designers are empowered to research new ideas, generate sketches, visualize
concepts and communicate clear design intent through compelling design
solutions. Organizational skills, streamlined production methods and good work
ethic are a must.
- Learn the GSI Outdoors, Inc. family of products and be able to apply GSI Brand Strategy guidelines in creative approaches to target consumer groups.
- Directly communicate and manage the production of graphic assets with factories overseas.
- Design, build and execute the visual components of the GSI brand presence in accordance with the brand strategy as well as marketing and promotional initiatives, objectives and goals while deploying best-in-class design solutions.
- Be a guardian of and maintain the GSI Brand in all designs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with creative design team, in order to generate creative ideas
- Effectively present creative concepts to internal teams, sales and ownership, with thoughtful rationale.
- Take design direction provided by Director of Design & Marketing and use it to design collateral of various sizes, resolutions and mediums.
- Maintain knowledge of creative marketing trends and best practices.
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare and format graphics for print, packaging, environmental signage, web, social, and email production.
- Prepare, shoot, edit and maintain catalog of in-house product photography for final assets.
- Prepare final assets according to specific print production guidelines at high levels of accuracy, efficiency and replication.
- Manage graphic materials for product production.
- Manage, organize and maintain company media assets.
- Make proactive recommendations to streamline & improve creative processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management skills to maintain project velocity and target deadlines.
- Passionate about the outdoor industry.
- Experience in print, packaging design, photo editing, digital, and social marketing/advertising.
- Ability to be confident, patient and polite when dealing with difficult situations.
- Desires a long-term career that offers growth in graphic design.
- University degree or college diploma in graphic
design, art or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a professional creative/graphic
design position required.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and create an effective design.
- Extensive expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, HTML/CSS and/or Autodesk Maya. A working knowledge of SolidWorks and WRIKE is a plus.
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Attention to detail and service-oriented
- Ability to work individually and in a team
To apply: Send resume or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org