As Columbia’s Global Operations Center (GOC) Analyst you will perform technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across Columbia global networks. You will then perform research to troubleshoot and resolve the issue or, depending upon complexity, escalate the issue to higher-level systems administrators and network engineers.
Within this role you will be responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies while maintaining current and thorough knowledge of Columbia technologies and their significance to Columbia business operations. You’ll be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment with critical uptime requirements. You may also perform intermediate system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and the execution of various scripts.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems.
- Monitoring of core business applications such as SAP, Supply chain, Biztalk, AS400, Commvault, Isilon, Tidal, Data Centers, networking, Cloud-computing as well as remediation where possible.
- Perform pre-engineered operational functions on core applications and Infrastructure devices.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Attempts to resolve issues or escalates to appropriate technical teams.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
- Perform intermediate systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.).
- Notify customer, internal personnel and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Supports multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Records any operational irregularities or changes being made for communication and remediation.
- Works with System Engineering teams to deploy software, patches, and vulnerability fixes.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT experience
- Three to five years’ work experience performing operational support duties.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft windows with the ability to efficiently diagnose computer system issues and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to work on issues/problems of higher complexity with a scope that could be department wide
- Work often requires reading and writing in technical or complex areas. Must be able to work within the Windows network to retrieve or analyze data.
- Above average ability to communicate to all levels of the business and technical organizations is required
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age