The Customer Account Manager requires someone who works hard, is passionate about getting outside, enjoys putting outdoor gear to the test, is self-motivated, and driven to perfection. In brief, you will partake in industry leading, concierge level customer service by establishing long term customer relationships through consistent, authentic and personalized communication. You will be handling 100+ customer contacts per day; to discuss new orders, ensure proper delivery of shipments, and develop new/maintain existing customer relationships. During this service, you will build your persona; through content creation, social media, community events, trip reports, guide reviews, product & video demos, etc.
About the Job:
- Perform 100+ total contacts per day to customers in your book of business
- Build and manage your customer book of business to 3,500 customers and ensure each one is being handled with tremendous service and prompt follow-through
- Maintain authentic and genuine communication, demonstrate your personality to connect with customers in a meaningful way
- Assist the customers of other Gearheads who may be out of the office or assisting other customers
- Research to find ideal product for customers unique needs, explain to customers the concepts, benefits and specifications of the gear we sell
- Obtain Backcountry product certifications - maintain that certification by attending training clinics, writing reviews and contributing content
- Participate in ongoing procedural and product training sessions to ensure your gear and system knowledge is second to none
- Provide customer feedback to internal parties so Backcountry can continually improve the customer experience
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with Backcountry values
- In depth knowledge of the gear we sell - required
- A passion and craving for getting outside and sharing your experiences with our customers
- Customer/guest service experience
- Account management experience - preferred
- High School diploma or GED - required
- Strong ability to multitask
- In depth knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Strong time management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk
- The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop crouch, twist and lift up to 10 pounds, with or without accommodations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.