Full-Charge Bookkeeper/Accountant (Boulder, CO)
At Head Rush Technologies we apply innovative technologies to bring exciting recreation equipment to the climbing, zip-line, adventure and amusement industries. Head Rush products make adventure activities more reliable and less risky, while increasing throughput and enhancing customer experience. We’re best known for our application of eddy current braking technology in products such as our TRUBLUE Auto Belay, zipSTOP Zip Line Brake, QUICKjump Free Fall Device and FlightLine Free Fall Ride.
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Accountant/Bookkeeper. This position is a full charge position, handling all facets of our Accounting department including Human Resource functions. The candidate must be well versed in QuickBooks and must possess a solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles. They must be organized, productive, and able to multi-task in order to meet deadlines. The candidate will need the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing and must be able to work independently.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable - including daily receipts & invoicing, statement preparation, past due reporting and maintaining customer records. Communication of customer aging reports to both customer service & sales teams.
- Accounts Payable - including weekly check run and audit of supplier invoices by comparing PO, packing slip & invoice.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations for all depository accounts
- Bi-Weekly payroll processing including the preparation and electronic filing of Form 940, 941, W-2, W-3, FUTA, SUTA, etc. Transmission of State & Federal payroll tax deposits via EFTPS.
- Assure the proper administration, processing, and taxability of all fixed/voluntary deductions and benefits programs including Health, Dental, Vision Insurance and IRA Plan.
- Ability to perform and understand our online sales platform (Magento) and inventory management program (Fishbowl) including reconciliation of all pre-payments and associated invoices.
- Prepare and submit all Federal, State, County, & Local sales & use tax reports and payments in accordance with agency requirements & dispute unwarranted penalties when necessary.
- Administration of employee expense reimbursement policy including monthly reconciliation of employee credit cards and expense reports.
- Management of office supply inventory
- Year-End Form 1099 processing
- Collaboration with external CPA for annual tax preparation.
- Performs other related duties as directed
Skills / Requirements:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting (Required)
- Expert in Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- Extensive knowledge in GAAP, Payroll & Human Resources
- Working knowledge of sales and use Tax
- Minimum 2-3yrs full-charge bookkeeping experience
- Previous work experience in human resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- High-energy and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to interface professionally with staff and external contacts
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
At Head Rush Technologies we offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. If this opportunity looks interesting to you, please submit your resume in PDF format. Include a personalized cover letter explaining your interest in the position and our company; please also include your salary requirements. Submissions not meeting all requirements will not be considered as complete.