Denver Bike Sharing is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that owns and operates a public bike sharing system known as Denver B-cycle. Incubated in 2008 to provide delegates bike transportation during the Democratic National Convention, the Denver Bike Sharing program now includes more than 700 bicycles and almost 90 stations located throughout downtown Denver, Capitol Hill, Uptown, Highlands, Globeville, Cherry Creek and Baker neighborhoods and on the Auraria campus.
Denver B-cycle is presented by Kaiser Permanente in association with a variety of community sponsors.
Denver Bike Sharing serves as a catalyst for a fundamental transformation in thinking and behavior by operating a bike sharing system in Denver to enhance mobility while promoting all aspects of sustainability: quality of life, equity, the environment, economic development, and public health.
The Board of Directors of Denver Bike Sharing now seeks a new Executive Directorto manage our growing operation.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Denver Bike Sharing. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The purpose of the Executive Director position is to lead Denver Bike Sharing. The Executive Director has a future focus while effectively managing current activities. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for internal and external activities including:
· Setting goals in collaboration with the Board and staff and maintaining a focus on achieving these goals while making necessary adjustments.
· Enabling staff effectiveness by facilitating the coordination between all staff, supporting each individual in their success, and lending support to projects or tasks as needed.
· Serving as an engaged, professional connection between DBS and the Board as well as our partners, locally and nationally.
The Executive Director manages an annual budget of $2 million and a staff of 16 dedicated professionals.
To lead Denver Bike Sharing, qualified candidates will have these attributes:
· A proven leader who understands how to manage operations while keeping an eye on future development.
· Has a track record of organization adaptability and growth.
· Is passionate about our program and its opportunities for community impact, though a specific background in bike sharing programs is not required.
· A strategic thinker who can navigate and communicate a sound path forward for Denver Bike Sharing in the midst of changing technology, business models, and vendors.
· A strategic business manager who has effectively partnered with public sector representatives and who understands the goals and needs of municipal agencies.
· A credible communicator who engages and educates community members authentically.
· Some knowledge of how to build and measure public private partnerships would be helpful.
· Knows how to market and position an organization and brand for success.
· Has outstanding finance and business skills and can negotiate mutually beneficial sponsorship arrangements.
· Demonstrates experience in working with philanthropic benefactors and building trust.
· Proven capabilities in hiring, developing, and motivating professional staff and volunteers.
· Knowledge of effective governing board development and management.
· Focus and discipline
· Strong work ethic
· Ability to listen and learn
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Persistence, patience, and resiliency
· Willingness to ask for help
We seek candidates who have a baseline understanding of how to expand transportation options in urban environments. Some knowledge of Denver and its business and community leaders is preferred but not required.
Above all, Denver Bike Sharing needs a leader who is visionary, results-oriented, and who can manage complex operations. This is an exciting time for a dynamic leader who wants to seize new opportunities and direct the continued growth and development of an iconic organization in our city.
Ready to Apply?
If these elements describe you, then we encourage you to apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Carolyn McCormick of Peak HR Consulting, LLC at [email protected]. All applications are to be submitted electronically. To learn more about Denver Bike Sharing and this position, please visit us at www.denverbcycle.com.
Denver Bike Sharing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.