Posting closes on 9/14/18 at 4:30 p.m.
We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra to supporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
Enhances and promotes CEO/President’s effectiveness and efficiency by providing administrative, communication and logistical support. Effectively represents and serves as the primary internal and external point of contact for the CEO/President. Organizes and coordinate a wide array of tasks, special projects, events, executive outreach and external relations efforts; Provides support to Board of Directors and Executive Team members, as needed.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
Supervision Exercised: none
Supervision Received: CEO/President
- Provides high-level executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CEO/President.
- Provides administrative support for members of Klean’s Executive Team
- Is primary liaison to the Board of Directors and ESOP Administrative Committee and Trustee.
Duties / Responsibilities to accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
CEO/President and Executive Support / Administration:
- Conducts research, collects and analyzes data and prepares, edits and distributes correspondence, communications, reports and presentations ensuring all documents are professional, complete and accurate.
- Monitors, screens and responds to communications
- Coordinates a variety of highly confidential documents and maintains complete confidentiality at all times.
- Effectively manages lots of tasks on behalf of CEO; Translates few, key points of direction into complete, compelling and timely execution of communications, tasks and projects.
- Applies understanding of business and leadership priorities and current activities into key short-term tasks to ensure details are completed in support of CEO/President commitments, priorities and deadlines.
- Prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO/President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO/President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities and issues, following up appropriately.
- Represents the company and executive team in a courteous, discrete and highly professional manner.
- Assists in managing, planning and maintaining CEO/President’s schedule and travel calendar; Anticipates schedule conflicts and resolve them proactively; Arranges travel and prepares itineraries; Manages passports, visas and other travel-related documents and requirements.
- Helps plan and coordinate CEO/President’s personal projects, travel, events, board activities, etc., as requested.
- Arranges and organizes events, offsite meetings, conferences, planning session retreats, etc.
- Regularly interacts with external partners and incoming guests; Coordinates all logistics and details for meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Manages and maintains complete and accurate filing system (electronic and original documents) of all contracts, confidentiality agreements, intellectual property documents and the like; Manages renewals, prepares contracts, NDAs, etc. and ensures ready for signature.
- Coordinates finances, assist with budget preparation and reporting.
- Oversees administrative policies and procedures and implements improvements were necessary; Manages and maintains any legal filings, financial records and policy documents on behalf of CEO/President.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establish professional networks; participates in professional societies
- Provides administrative support for members of Klean’s Executive Team, as requested and necessary.
- Assists in coordinating agendas for executive meetings, off-sites and all-staff meetings; May participate in Executive Team meetings to capture key notes, decisions and action items.
- Coordinates and executes projects, as assigned.
Board & ESOP Support and Liaison:
- Supports all board-related reporting and communication needs including preparation and distribution of monthly board materials.
- Provides administrative support for members of Klean’s Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Serves as the CEO/President's administrative liaison to Klean’s Board of Directors, ESOP Administration Committee and ESOP Trustee.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen
- Fosters a culture of transparency to the team, distributors, retail partners, and consumers of Klean Kanteen.
- Measures and monitors progress against objectives and performance targets.
- Effectively collaborates with internal and external constituencies.
- Follows departmental and company processes and procedures.
Mission and Values:
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff.
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Core Competencies:
- Able to work independently and translate limited direction into effective, complete action plans;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues, and resolve issues, when needed. Highly developed self-awareness and demonstrated ability to put people at ease when dealing with concerns and conflicts.
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF, VLOOKUP tables;
- Working knowledge of general business practices and standards, effective communication and presentation of information.
- Demonstrated mastery to multi task, ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and functions and high level of detail orientation. Able to perform well under time pressures, all with composed, calm demeanor.
- Consistently exhibits company values and ethos in all interactions with associates, customers, suppliers, and external constituents.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly drives for results that meet objectives while meeting or exceeding customer expectations, thus continually strengthening the brand.
Education or Formal Training:
- Minimum High School Diploma and Associates Degree; BA/BS degree strongly preferred.
Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required and demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in completed job duties.
- Minimum of three years executive-level support with demonstrated record of accomplishment.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Working knowledge, experience and capability in ERP systems (such as SAGE).
- Working knowledge and experience in document scanning, best practice in maintaining hardcopy and electronic document systems and libraries.
- Telephone systems (cell and VoiP).
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Periodic access / communication after normal business hours.
- Standard business / cubicle environment
- Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead; Finger dexterity to perform functions on computer and access files.
- Sitting for long periods at a time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE