Job Purpose: The Engineering Manager will lead a team of design engineers in designing industry leading consumer products in support of the Product management team.
The Engineering Manager needs to be passionate about the product, as well as detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture - while thinking outside the box. Ability to creatively adapt to constant changes in the industry and work as needed to meet the timelines required by the annual product cycle.
· Leads engineering team members by assigning workloads, managing timelines and providing coaching as needed.
· Provide input regarding design changes, resolve product malfunctions and provide technical information as needed.
· Manages resources effectively – engineering staff and budget to achieve or exceed annual objectives.
· Provide consumer product input as part of the new product team.
· Manage product liability claims, act as lawsuit management lead working with company attorneys.
· Patent and license management.
· Plan and manage budgets for engineering department.
· Establishes quality metrics that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of existing and new archery accessories.
· Manages legal aspects of related intellectual property issues as relates to product line.
Qualifications & Requirements
· BS in Mechanical Engineering
· 5+ years of design experience
· 3+ years management experience
· Strong leadership skills and personal initiative; innovator
· Strong work ethic
· A change agent with strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Must have a strong technical / creative background in design and manufacturing
· Well-developed skills in Solid Works or equivalent CAD software
· Solid knowledge of and experience in bringing designs to production
· Sitting, talking and listening at least 2/3 of the time
· Lifting up to 25 pounds
· Stooping and kneeling
· Fine motor coordination
· Office environment
· Occasional international or domestic travel may be required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee; other duties may be assigned.