The Division Manager reports directly to the General Manager of Mahco International and is responsible for all aspects of sourcing companywide, as well as product development, costing and contract negotiations, production, and quality for the Mahco Division. This position will lead our quality and product teams. Apparel comprises approximately 70% of company volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a strong team through hiring, training and development of personnel.
- Work closely with China G.M. to complete all missions assigned by G.M. and US management;
- To execute all merchandising activities, covering sourcing, price negotiation, sampling, product placement recommendations and product execution to ensure the achievement of business objectives;
- Manage the product development team and ensure all production is managed to make on-time shipment possible
- Lead staffs to develop new products and samples and acquire all samples / costs on time;
- Provide advice and suggestions on product design to meet customers’ buying objectives, source material, accessories, provide advice on design and samples to meet customers’ requirements, advise customers on market trends;
- Build and maintain a strong vendor network to meet current and future business needs, evaluate vendors’ capability and keep track of vendors’ performance;
- Source new factories to meet business growth
- Create and enhance long-term business relationships with teams in home office and branch office to maximize business growth and opportunities;
- Negotiate favorable payment terms with vendors
The duties listed above are the key duties of the Division Manager but are not limited to these duties. The company may expand them as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the company and its sales efforts.
- Over 10 years experiences in Buying/Trading office & Manufacturing industry on garment fields for US Market, with 5 years in leadership role;
- Well trained in global sourcing office, brand buying office, buying agent or trader;
- Good exposure in an international business environment;
- Knowledgeable of costing, product safety requirements, material and finishing goods production, packaging, QA and compliance;
- Knowledgeable of product testing standards and methods.
- Up-to-date on industry trends, particularly in textiles. Background in technical and performance fabrics and apparel is a plus.
- Good coordination and cooperation with internal and external parties for the project or problem in the whole process;
- Strong in locating the best areas to produce and manufacture different items bearing in mind the minimum factory technical and material requirements; Experience in manufacturing outside of China required
- Excellent in developing a strong portfolio of vendors to support business growth;
- Good negotiation skills to satisfy the interests of multiple parties to maximize the cost-saving for a qualified sourcing;
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility to fit new and unusual situations to achieve business goals;
- Travel internationally on a frequent basis
- Good integrity.
- Excellent written and oral English.