Director of Sales – Outdoor Markets
We believe that a successful world class sales team makes connections with its customers and creates long-lasting relationships with a focus on growth and profitability. Nite Ize is looking for a self-starting, independent-thinking professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in sales. The Outdoor Director will lead and manage a team of individuals and work with our senior leaders to help establish a strong vision for our sales organization. The Director of Sales must have a comprehensive understanding of the market and the potential for growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching and developing team in sales process and strategies.
- Developing and executing annual sales targets for strategic accounts and the Outdoor team.
- Data driven with an ability to interpret and create action plans.
- Expand executive level reporting metrics that ensures a focus on company and customer goals.
- Own the Oracle Sales Cloud CRM process to manage the Outdoor Teams sales pipeline and maximize sales opportunities.
- Increase visibility and accountability to the overall profitability of Nite Ize and the Outdoor Team: Budgets, forecasts, POS data, and Customer P&Ls.
- Utilization of Nite Ize management team to maximize resources and communicate market/product needs.
- Manage and attend national and regional industry trade shows.
- Act as a player/coach willing to manage a team and a top strategic account.
- B.A. in Business
- 10+ years sales experience working with key national accounts in the outdoor industry (i.e. REI, Bass Pro/Cabelas, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Academy)
- 7+ years managing a team of sales professionals and rep groups
- Experience managing a customer and team P&Ls
- Understanding of consumer buying behaviors preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills and a demonstrated ability to transfer your knowledge to peers or direct reports.
- Extraordinary leadership, coaching, and development skills.
- Experience with a CRM system, Oracle Sales Cloud preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, trade shows and general business travel up to 30%.
- Must be willing to relocate to US Headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Multi-category and multi-channel environment