TITLE: Director of Sales & Marketing FLSA CODE: Exempt
REPORTS TO: CEO DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
SUPERVISES: National Sales Manager, Key Accounts Manager, International Sales Manager, Marketing Lead
This position is responsible for demand management of existing product line and successful launches of new products. In addition to accurate forecasting, this leader and her/his team is responsible for growing the revenue and profitability of each sales channel (Consumer Direct, IBD/Distributor, Key Accounts, Amazon, Export, Customer Support) both domestically and internationally. The Director will also develop and implement the strategic sales and marketing initiatives, as well as oversee the sales and marketing leaders’ daily activities and development.
- Recruit, train, appraise, support, develop, promote, and lead a team of high-performing sales and marketing leaders who are committed to supporting the success of each sales channel and Saris as a whole.
- Define annual and quarterly sales goals for each sales channel, including identifying actionable sales initiatives to drive revenue.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual strategic sales & marketing plan on a global continuum, which includes:
- Integrated international marketing campaigns across multiple markets and sales channels
- A global e-commerce strategy
- A digital strategy for the entire digital ecosystem
- A marketing communications strategy including paid media, event, PR, and experiential
- A promotional activities strategy including coaching programs, sponsored athletes, and athletic event sponsorship
- Provide strategic leadership to drive global branding and sales initiatives, and develop global strategic partnerships, to maximize Saris’ global presence.
- Identify new market and marketing opportunities and develop compelling, relevant value propositions to drive product sales.
- Manage channel conflict to maximize sales revenue in each.
- Develop sales and marketing initiatives around consumer-centricity - understanding the complex nature of consumers’ paths to purchase and the importance of consumer research and consumer-centric design to drive consumers’ engagement and satisfaction. This work includes exploring experimental consumer sales techniques (i.e. pop-up stores).
- Develop sales incentive plans and sales campaigns/promotions to drive daily activity to support sales and profitability growth.
- Collaborate with Product Development to accomplish the following:
- Set pricing and own price integrity
- Execute brand presence at tradeshows
- Ensure products are designed around consumer-centricity
- Create and administer market feedback tools via personal communication, surveys, and focus groups with new and existing customers, including lead users and sponsored athletes and teams
- Communicate market intelligence (including market changes, competitive programs and threats, product concerns, pricing, and product white space) to the new product development team
- Understand competitive products and positioning
- Develop relationships with, and travel to top IBD’s, distributors, retailers, key accounts, strategic partners, and influential customers, both domestically and internationally.
- Coordinate and lead the monthly sales meeting.
- Analyze sales reports with each sales leader during a bi-weekly DRI meeting.
- Develop budgets for the sales and marketing departments, monitor progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance.
- Administer sales and marketing database including sales data, customer data, and mailing and email lists.
- Keep informed of developments and world-wide trends in the fields of sales and marketing.
- Contribute to the success of Saris by leading or assisting with other projects or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor degree is Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field
- 15+ years’ of proven sales and/or marketing experience
- 8+ years’ of sales/marketing management experience
- 5+ years’ global e-commerce experience
- Thorough understanding of the consumer direct and IBD sales channels
- Experience developing sales programs and incentives
- Experience developing global strategic partnerships
- Proven ability to identify and anticipate changes and opportunities within the marketplace
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be highly organized with good follow through
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration with peers as a member of the leadership team
- Passion for the bicycle