Great Trango Holdings, Inc
Title Director of Sales
Reports to President
As the Director of Sales, you are the business development engine for GTHI’s three outdoor brands (Trango, Tenaya, and eGrips). Working to aggressively grow sales, you will build and maintain key sales relationships with partners across multiple channels and product lines. Every day will bring a different challenge as you manage in-house and external reps while building long-term, high level, data-driven strategy to fuel future growth and product development.
Qualified candidate will have a passion for climbing and at least 5 years’ experience managing successful teams in the outdoor industry. Candidate should have well established relationships throughout the industry and strong communication and organizational skills. Other desired skills include technical climbing knowledge, the ability to prioritize tasks, and effectively balance the demands of the customer, production, planning and marketing.
· Market analysis of the current distribution - identify new strategies and implementation for each market (current and potential future). Formulation of Sales direction in line with the domestic and global strategy
· Establish sales objectives and manage all aspects of the sales & distribution strategy in coordination with other departments as needed (Product Development, Purchasing, Marketing, etc.)
· Develop & Implement sales, marketing, merchandising training and product programs (both in-store and on-line)
· Develop and communicate seasonal sales targets by territory, channel and rep
· Work alongside Marketing to ensure product launches and implementation of sales campaigns reach agreed targets (defining pricing and margin strategy, discount guidelines, obsolete stock/inventory clearance, etc.)
· Open new distribution and increase saturation across all categories
· Provide input and direction on International sales and distribution strategy
· Actively protect and improve the company’s brand positioning
· Lead and coach a team of sales representatives both internal and external
· Take lead role on national trade shows and provide support at regional shows for sales reps.
· Attend relevant sales conferences and tradeshow events to ensure optimum return on investment and market research.
· Perform people-management, recruitment, motivation, training and development of staff and their responsibilities
· Plan, execute, and manage sales strategies
· Communicate regularly with Purchasing and Finance on sell through & sell in developments and status to ensure maximum planning and ability to react appropriately.
· Generate and maintain sales reports for analysis of product categories and sales force performance
· Review and evaluate territory performance and rep performance through territory reviews in partnership with National Sales Team.
· Provide reports to keep President and Marketing Director informed of market developments and changing customer requirements
· Accomplish department´s administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison, as appropriate
· Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, providing relevant reports and information
· Plan, monitor and manage the department´s resources according to budget
· Maintain CRM database information for all dealer communications in order to ensure smooth hand-off and partnership with other team members
· Adhere to sales, travel, and marketing budgets as provided by the President
· 5+ years of sales management experience with proven success and results
· Strong existing relationships with specialty and national retailers in the Outdoor, Sporting goods
· 7-10 years of combined experience in the outdoor market (retail, buying, selling, etc).(preferably a climbing brand)
· Strong technical aptitude (Microsoft Office, ERP systems, CRM Systems)
· Strong commitment to detail and process
· Handles and works with proprietary, private and confidential information
· Experience dealing & negotiating with large national accounts
· Experience with independent sales reps
· Ability to spend up to 50% of time travelling to customers and trade shows
· Possess analytical skills to be able to identify and research market trends and analyze sales data
· Travel Required