One of the finest mountain shops in the country, Neptune Mountaineering based in Boulder, CO, has an excellent opportunity available for a Director of Retail Operations. For over 45 years, Neptune Mountaineering has been a trusted supplier of exceptional outdoor gear matched up with best advice for all levels of climbers, skiers and adventurers. Our staff is not only knowledgeable but also as passionate about the outdoors as our customers are.
The Director of Retail Operations is responsible for managing all aspects of Neptune’s retail operations. This role provides leadership and direction for all staff while ensuring the growth and profitability of the store.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Drives the company’s business strategies including all organizational needs, staffing levels, sales goals, customer service, visual merchandising, marketing, purchasing, culture and overall store success.
- Manage and direct all aspects of the retail store operations including auditing existing systems, processes, and procedures and implementing continuous improvements to those systems and oversee their administration and execution.
- Develop, manage and ensure sales targets are met and all costs and expenses are within developed budget for the company; responsible for the profitability of the store.
- Responsible for our IT infrastructure and ensures our POS system is performing as needed; suggests software or IT improvements and manages their implementation.
- Designs appropriate programs or processes that elevate our retail operations, the customer experience and employee motivation and engagement.
- Analyze sales data, inventory levels and turns, merchandise reports, margins, revenue etc. to provide insight into where there are successes and where there are opportunities; makes adjustments or improvements based on sound data analysis.
- Manage the buying team and the Open-to-Buy to ensure that inventory levels are appropriate for store’s projected sales while achieving monthly inventory turns goals.
- Work closely with ownership, managers and buyers to monitor and analyze sales trends and suggest actions to respond to opportunities in the market.
- Oversee all staff members and ensure training and performance are meeting expectations; lead and mentor store managers and buyers so they achieve their own leadership potential and learn new skills.
- Review and manage training protocols to ensure our staff have the tools they need to be successful
- Responsible for all facilities management.
- Responsible for all physical inventory including cycle counts and ensuring loss prevention standards are being upheld
The ideal candidate has the following attributes & qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years work experience in Retail Management or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in the growth and profitability of a retail business and leadership and development of retail store staff
- PC proficient. Three years experience in Retail Pro or similar POS/Inventory Management System is essential.
- Understands the importance of visual merchandizing and can coach staff in how to maintain the visual merchandising standards.
- Ability to lead effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and take initiative. A strong work ethic and follow-through are essential.
- Proven track record of driving retail store productivity and profitability
- Extraordinary sales and customer service skills and the ability to coach others in these skills.
- Solid organizational skills and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings, holidays and/or weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive. Benefits include a generous health benefits package, 401K and PTO.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and pay requirements to [email protected]