Director of Operations
Turtle Fur is seeking a Director of Operations to initially help redesign the operational workflows of the company in concert with the implementation of a new ERP system, with the first year’s focus being the hands-on rebuilding and development of the manufacturing/supply chain team and operations.
The position requires an excellent collaborator with a current mentoring and leadership style, possessing a data driven and systematic approach to business. While this is a senior management position reporting directly to the CEO, the actual accountability is to the team.
Initial Job Functions:
• Directly manage the manufacturing/supply chain department for a minimum of one-year.
• Redesign the workflows, systems and procedures of the manufacturing/supply chain department.
• Play an integral role in assisting with the evaluation and redesign of the workflows, systems and procedures of warehousing, distribution and customer service.
• Perform a major role in the evaluation and redesign of the workflows, systems and procedures that connect with operations. Specifically, product development, ecommerce, wholesale sales, marketing and accounting.
• Help to set company, department and role specific daily and weekly operational metrics, including but not limited to demand planning.
• Lead in developing and implementing the individual and team procedures of responding to variations in the daily and weekly operational metrics.
• P&L, budget, costing and inventory control responsibility.
• B.S. degree or better in manufacturing, engineering, operations, business, or a related field.
• Minimum of 5-7 years relevant professional experience in manufacturing and/or operations associated with global supply chain management in a high SKU environment.
• Experience developing and maintaining business workflows.
• Experience with the implementation and utilization of an ERP/MRP system. (Actual NetSuite or Sage 300 experience a plus).
• Strong documentation skills.
• Strong MS Office application software
• Exceptionally strong leadership, team collaboration, interpersonal, and mentoring abilities for teams greater than five people.
• Strong budgeting and planning skills.
• Strategic planning mindset.
• The willingness to wear the “turtle costume” …. at least once
• This is a full-time in-house position based in Morrisville, Vermont.
• The position requires some travel in North America and Internationally.
• Turtle Fur has a competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), educational financial assistance.
• Turtle Fur also has a host of other non-traditional benefits: Dog friendly, company wellness, recycling privileges, employee product discount, Turtle Bucks, access to discount ski passes.
Turtle Fur is a 36-year-old outdoor accessory brand located just North of Stowe, in the shadows of Vermont’s highest peak, Mount Mansfield. We create comfortable, quality products that help everyone stay outside longer to enjoy the things they love to do. We pride ourselves on holding true to our roots of quality, comfort, creativity, and community ...all while having fun.
Turtle Fur is in the middle of a reawakening. Born not out of desperation but motivated by the feedback received from our retailers, as well as an intrinsic desire to build upon our successes and evolve the brand and the company for the future.
Submit resumes and any supporting material to: email@example.com