Want to learn more about Black Diamond Equipment and our culture? Click here!
Black Diamond Equipment is a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. We're a company of users. It's who we are.
BD is seeking an experienced Director of Ecommerce. Reporting directly to the Vice-President of Global Marketing, the Director of is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including, business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, website design, customer service, web analytics and web technologies. Specifically, Development, planning and execution of strategic direction necessary to create a world class eCommerce platform. Develop a multi-year Digital growth plan and a long-term eCommerce vision and execute on near-term financial and non financial goals.
- Manage the eCommerce budget and define the right KPIs to support strategic decision making.
- Communicate digital strategy and vision and inspire global team to develop business plans, identify new opportunities, and deliver results.
- Own the consumer experience, monitor performance, and propose continuous improvements, work with customer service to identify key areas to improve the overall customer experience.
- In conjunction with Merchants, develop website and product catalog merchandise strategies to achieve sales and gross margin goals.
- Execute DTC promotional strategies, collaborating with cross functional teams in promotional planning.
- Collaborate with the brand marketing team, including: planning, search & content strategy, social media and development of promotional campaigns, influencer programs and other online marketing.
- Oversees global eCommerce team, responsible for all aspects of site development and enhancements - weekly product/creative uploads, major site builds and new site initiatives.
- Oversee daily site maintenance -- work with all pertinent parties to establish site stability, site changes, problem trouble shooting, escalation and resolution.
- Coordinate creative development of content, features, promos and landing pages within website to drive sales.
- Evaluate channel effectiveness through analytics and performance metrics.
- Actively ensure that online user experience and site navigation maintains ease of use and is customer friendly in accordance to established guidelines, usability studies and best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry trends/activities/strategies and report findings to key business partners as well as internal team members.
- Collaborate on the development of the annual strategy and financial plans.
- Analyses & build automated reports that will drive business decisions for the executive team.
If you are an are an influential leader who has a strategic mindset, a flair for dressing up the electronic storefront, and can expertly anticipate, navigate, and describe the consumers purchase path and want to be a part of a hard-driving passionate team, we want to hear from you! But only if you dig a casual dress code at a dog-friendly office. (We have other perks and benefits too and cant wait to tell you all about them!)
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelors degree in marketing or business
- 5+ years of experience managing an ecommerce site
- A disruptive and refreshing POV on how to manage and grow digital selling platforms
- Experience with pricing, stock management, and eMerchandising.
- Strong interpersonal skills / team player and demonstrated ability to work with various teams harmoniously while keeping project releases on time and on budget
- Preference will be given to candidates who have Demandware Experience