SmartEtailing, founded in 1999, provides comprehensive website and marketing solutions for North American specialty bicycle retailers. SmartEtailing offers a small office work environment located in Boulder, CO with a creative and casual atmosphere, compelling work and accountable peers. All clients are in the bicycle industry, so work days are fun and interesting.
The Digital Media Planner/Buyer will plan, implement, and manage digital marketing strategies via Google Ads that enable SmartEtailing’s independent bicycle retail clients to effectively capture quality search traffic in their target market. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, with ongoing reporting provided to stakeholders. Successful candidates will have experience with Google Shopping, Google Ads, Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, and Google My Business.
This position is a part of the Marketing Agency Department and position reports to the Creative Manager and has no direct reports.
- Research, build and maintain Google search, shopping, display, and remarketing campaigns that deliver value to clients and generate consistent profit for SmartEtailing
- Vendor relationship owner for Google platform and related services, including account configuration, best practices, and training
- Create search marketing strategy for independent bicycle retailers
- Ongoing management of accounts, placements, ads, bidding, budgets, and ROAS across Google campaign types
- Continuous campaign optimization for up to 50 retail clients
- Analyze and communicate results to stakeholders
- Stay current on Google product, features, trends, and best practices
- Lead internal training on specific areas related to search marketing
- Participate in client consultations as needed
- Share relevant third party and media articles/information with stakeholders to improve overall organizational knowledge
- Establish and monitor procedures for scalable search marketing services
- Marketing stakeholder for relevant software development process
This is not a comprehensive list of possible responsibilities, tasks and duties. There are a variety of other duties that will need to be completed on an as needed basis.
- Google Ads certification for Shopping, Search, and Display
- 2-4 years of experience planning, implementing, and optimizing direct response campaigns with a proven ability to maximize profit
- Proficient in Google platforms, with an emphasis on Google Shopping, Google Ads, Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, and Google My Business
- Project management experience associated with digital marketing
- Experience conducting data-driven SEM strategic planning
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to leverage data to make intelligent, actionable business decisions
- Ability to run analysis and reports fluently and efficiently in Microsoft Excel on large data sets
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Adaptable and change oriented
- Understands, interprets and implements feedback effectively
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude for work
- Fun and friendly with can-do attitude
- Limited domestic travel may be required
- Valid state driver's license is required