Are you ready to embark on your next adventure?
If you love adventure & exploration, great gear & apparel, and being around people who share your passions for travel and the outdoors, you’ll be in good company at Marmot and ExOfficio. Most importantly, we are down-to-earth individuals who are committed to our communities and sustainability in all that we do, without sacrificing on performance, innovation, or quality.
Among the perks of joining our team are a complimentary on-site gym with towel service and fitness classes, regular volunteer opportunities, daily food trucks, a product loaner program (tents, sleeping bags, backpacks) to enhance your next adventure, and a generous discount on our gear & apparel. We also believe in celebrating success together whether it be through employee/family gatherings, life events, Summer BBQ’s or softball leagues. To put it simply, we enjoy life.
So grab your backpack and explore an opportunity with us today!
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for effectively administering and processing transactional and/or informative conversations with customers via the telephone and email; order processing, placing and tracking; managing the consumer profiles, assuring accuracy and up-to-date information, and directing communication to/from customers using the telephone and email (MS Outlook).
The Customer Service Representative is a member of the Customer Service team at Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA). NBTA is a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) and a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
- Manages and edits orders received for price and availability, style/color accuracy, and shipping within specific timelines. Accurate order entry and management of existing orders is essential.
- Answers direct customer calls and retrieves messages from e-mail for product orders. Answers questions about product technical features, availability and other information. Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer. Recommends purchase of additional merchandise based on knowledge of complete product lines, features, functionality and intended style combinations.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates. Communicates with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Resolves customer order problems such as style or color exchange, refused orders and status of customer issues following current policies and procedures. Forwards non-routine complaints to supervisor.
- Actively manages professional development.
- University or four-year college degree in business, marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience in the Outdoor Industry with responsibility for order tracking, problem resolution and customer interface preferred
- Knowledge of the outdoor retail industry and/or retail processes preferred
- Experience with active-outdoor/technical apparel and products
- Proficiency in all Microsoft programs, particularly MS Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who brings a level of passion, enthusiasm, and focus to their day to day work
- Able to manage deadlines, be flexible with change, drive to timely resolution
- Able to perform multiple complex assignments concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Practical knowledge of other functions such as sourcing, design, production, sales, marketing and merchandising preferred
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Fast, efficient, nimble. Experience working in a shifting and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input
- Ability to not only lead fearlessly as a contributor, but also take direction and work with a team
- Sense of humor and a passion for what you do
- Able to work extended hours and/or weekends during the busy/peak/holiday seasons is required
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.