The Client Support Representative effectively responds to clients’ (which may include brands and retailers) requests for technical and general customer support with SmartEtailing and related products and tools. An important component of best practices and a driver for client success, the Client Support Representative will work to maximize retailer adoption of SmartEtailing features and services.
This position reports to the Client Support Manager. The stakeholders for this position are SmartEtailing clients, their retail customers (consumers), our vendor partners and company management.
Job Tasks, Responsibilities, Accountabilities:
Deliver An Exceptional Client Experience
- Address and troubleshoot the initial reason for contact and follow the issue through until it is resolved from the client’s perspective.
- Explain the key features of SmartEtailing's system to clients and be able to successfully relate those features directly to ROI based benefits for each retailer.
- Work with new accounts to complete a best practices based new site checklist with the goal of having the account live within 30 days of activation.
- Take responsibility for client relationships ensuring that the correct resource is applied in all situations to the benefit of the client.
Excellent Working Knowledge of Software and Best Practices
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement based approach to learning SmartEtailing internal systems as well as external technologies used by or beneficial to our clients.
- Keep up to date on current web based marketing tactics for brick & mortar retailers. Watch what successful SmartEtailing clients are doing as well as retailers not using our services.
- Document all client interactions accurately and consistently in Team Support and share with the appropriate members of SmartEtailing.
- Escalate tickets when necessary
- Create feature requests to communicate client suggestions in order to improve the software.
- Continuously improve productivity by recommending changes in tools, training and processes.
- Attend staff meetings and bi-weekly training sessions, as well as participate in additional training as needed.
*Other duties as assigned
- 2 years customer service, sales or technical support experience
- 2 years experience in specialty retail, including bicycle and other active outdoor industries
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Proven self-starter
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience within a Bicycle or Adventure Sports Domain a plus
- Point of sale/inventory management experience a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check.