General Purpose: Under the guidance and direction of the Company President, the Buying Coordinator is responsible for selecting and guiding the inventory to be included in the stores assortments. Supports company values of environmental stewardship.
· Provides outstanding customer service, in person, on the phone or via email by following Jax Customer Service Expectations.
· Responsible for ensuring adequate stock levels at all store locations.
· Works within the inventory targets established by the Company President.
· Coordinates initial and preseason buys throughout the company.
· Consistently maintains accurate and complete item records for assigned categories including: UPC, Description, Manufacturer, Manufacturer Number, Vendor Identification, Size, Color, Minimum Order, Purchase Multiplier, Product Class, Price Control, Barcode or Price Label Type, Tax Codes, Costs and Retail, Discontinued, Precision, Group Codes and Locations available
· Achieves highest possible Return on Investment by performing inventory analyses and by setting minimum and maximum stock levels.
· Sets retail prices to maximize margins and achieve plan while remaining competitive in the market.
· Establishes guidelines to ensure reorders and special orders are processed promptly, effectively and consistently.
· Stays informed of any vendor defective claims or mis-ships within assigned categories.
· Establishes the parameters for minimum and maximum stock and re-order guidelines.
· Creates all item cards for regular stock product classes.
· Conducts inventory analysis through ROI, JIT and Turn Ratios.
· Gathers information from vendors, product specialists, department heads and store managers for product selection.
· Serves as the primary vendor and marketing contact for assigned categories.
· Solicits input from Store Managers and Department Heads in selecting and evaluating merchandise lines.
· Adds or eliminates vendors and categories in conjunction with the Company President.
· Fosters positive relations with sales staff through frequent communication and two-way feedback.
· Ensures employees receive high levels of product training with the goal of maintaining Jax reputation of having expert sales staff.
· Provides department heads with product, pricing or placement related information.
· Communicates with the store manager regarding any information affecting displays, floor plans or work that will require additional labor.
· Communicates price changes to Department Heads.
· Ensures alignment with Company objectives by carrying earth sensible products; encourages recycling, reduces throw-away consumption and minimizes the Company’s environment impact.
· Serves as the primary marketing contact for assigned categories.
· Works with Store Managers, Product Specialists and Department Heads to merchandise all categories.
· Responsible for merchandising all assigned categories.
· Works with the Department Manager and Store Manager to ensure the department is organized, attractive and well merchandised.
· Plans and coordinates with Marketing and Store Managers for upcoming sales promotions both inside and outside the store.
· Selects items for advertising, marketing and in store promotions.
· Solicits vendor links for Jax website.
· Reviews Competitors ads to insure Jax is competitive in the market and shops the competition as necessary for price comparison, promotions and displays.
· Works with vendors to plan new store sets or resets.
· Stays aware of and assists with coop advertising opportunities and any vendor defective claims within assigned categories.
· Selects items for internet marketing and works with Internet Store Manager to place products and information on Jax website.
· Completes and/or attends assigned training.
· Maintains a professional attitude and appearance, contributing to a positive team experience.
· Performs all other related work, as assigned or as apparent.
Ideal Candidate will have a two-year college degree, or equivalent experience with three to five years of retail experience required; two years as a department head or buyer preferred. A successful candidate will have a working knowledge of category merchandise line, strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, solid verbal and written communication skills, proven leadership ability and able to work with minimal supervision; attention to detail and accuracy, and strong communication skills.