Business Development, Sports and Outdoors
Amify’s vision is to connect brands with the people who love them on Amazon.
We are a technology-driven partner for brands looking to maximize their potential on Amazon. We work with top brands to optimize their listings, drive traffic to their products, and protect their brand on the platform. We are an unconventional company that celebrates our unique, entrepreneurial team members that make Amify’s dream a reality. Come join our team and help us explore the adventures waiting for us and our brand partners on Amazon!
What you’ll do:
- -Drive new business within the Sports and Outdoor category, specifically targeting high-end lifestyle brands
- -Leverage your own network within the Sport and Outdoor space to explore opportunities and get connected to the right people.
- -Understand the full scope of a prospective partners business and how Amazon fits into their larger business strategy
- -Reach out and engage with prospects to assess their needs and identify a potential fit as a brand partner.
- -Own the process. Negotiate agreements and work cross-functionally with other teams to reach a closed contract and full onboarding.
- -Reach out to potential companies via cold calling, email, and phone/video calls. Attend business meetings, trade shows, and other industry events.
- -Be a team player with open communications, ready to share lessons learned and suggestions to continually improve the processes within our company and across various teams.
- -Strive to be a true asset on a high-performance business development team
- -Be organized. Have a clear understanding of each prospect’s status, carefully tracking active opportunities and appropriately prioritizing more important, strategic deals.
- -Drive an efficient business development process to hit (and CRUSH!) your quarterly goals
- -Effectively engage with senior leadership to support their needs and provide status reports.
- -Other projects as assigned
Who you are:
- -Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- -Passionate: You love to sell, and you have the track record that shows you’re good at it.
- -Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting buy-in from your customers.
- -Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- -Solutions-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
Our Core Values:
- -BE TRANSPARENT: We are open, honest, and candid.
- -OWN IT: We recognize that the choices we make shape the future of our company.
- -EMBRACE CHANGE: We encourage venturing off the beaten path with curiosity to challenge the status quo.
- -THINK BIG: We are smart and take strategic risks to advance our business forward.
- -TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK: Work together in a way that sets us apart.
- -BE THE EXTRAORDINARY YOU: Each team member’s individual awesomeness is valuable and is a contribution to who we are as a company.
What you should have:
- -Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a sales, business development, account management
- -Self-starter, pro-active, and results driven
- -Excellent presentation and communication skills
- -Able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative e-commerce environment
- -Proficient in Microsoft Office
- -Salesforce experience preferable
- -Outdoor industry experience
The good stuff:
- -Laid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- -Our office is in the heart of old town and overlooks the Potomac River
- -Unlimited Paid Time Off
- -Stock Options
- -Company Paid Professional Development
- -Free onsite gym
- -Onsite café
- -Paid building parking/public transportation subsidy
- -Free snacks & drinks
- -Paid company cell phone plan (employee only)
- -Medical/dental/vision/life insurance and 401K w/ matching
- -Sweet deals on awesome products
- -Flat management structure. Titles don’t matter here, and we all sit in the same area
- -The BIG one – Work-Life Balance