The Bicycle Technician - Bike Mechanic is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of customer bicycles; as well as the occasional building of company bicycles.
Bicycle Technicians are additionally responsible for following customer service standards and communicating effectively with customers.
The Bicycle Technician is responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Customer Service Consistently demonstrates a friendly, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
• Welcomes customers with a smile and greeting.
• Answers phone calls cheerfully and professionally; ensures immediate assistance is given and manages short hold times.
• Must demonstrate a strong understanding and knowledge of bicycle mechanics, components, and tools needed to complete repairs.
• Ability to diagnose mechanical issues and complete estimates.
• Conduct repairs including:
• Flat tires and truing wheels
• Bottom bracket adjustments
• Headset adjustments
• Brake adjustments
• Derailleur Adjustments
• Other repairs
• Complete bike builds as needed.
• Properly and thoroughly complete all computer generated service tickets.
• Follow company procedures for ordering special parts, and ringing them through POS.
• Strives to meet all company driven sales goals and objectives. Compliance to Company Standards
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees and keeps a "team" approach in dealing with fellow employees and customers.
• Contributes to a fun working climate; which helps boost employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness.
• Projects a favorable image of Tru Tri Sports, inside and outside of the store.
• Knows our Company policies and works diligently to follow them, including procedures for loss prevention.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Understands and follow oral and written instructions. Communicates clearly.
• Prior mechanic experience, preferably in a bike shop setting.
• Ability to learn and process information through our systems.
• Great attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to lift product overhead generally weighing up to 35 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, reaching, or sitting.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates