Salsa Cycles is growing and adding to our team! We are hiring an Associate Product Manager to support development of our complete bike & parts and accessories business. We seek a candidate that has experience in the industry, demonstrates passion for the outdoors and / or cycling, and is ready to dive into the Salsa Cycles brand. Are you ready to dig into the details and work collaboratively to continually drive great results?
Why join us?
Salsa Cycles is dedicated to adventure in cycling. Over 10 years ago Salsa defined the category in the modern cycling industry. The team are active riders and our products are born from experience. We are collaborative, committed, and driven. We pride ourselves on collaboration and leading the way within the organization.
Salsa Cycles is owned by Quality Bicycle Products.
QBP is one of the world’s leading distributors of bicycles, components, and accessories. Our continued success is led by our belief in purpose before profit. From our commuter program, which pays employees to ride or carpool to work, to our extensive community outreach efforts, to our LEED certified environmentally sustainable facilities, we live our values in everything we do. We strive in all we do to create success not only for our business and our employees, but for our partners and community as well.
What you will do:
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for delivering bike specifications on-time and accurate in addition to leading assigned Parts & Accessories to delivery. The hire for this role will be ready to come in and learn the bicycle specification and commercialization process within the organization. In year one this candidate will be responsible for 30-40% of Salsa’s growing bike line. In addition to bike specification and commercialization the Associate Product Manager will be accountable for delivering assigned P&A product.
- Executes on bike specification and commercialization as defined.
- Responsible for delivering Parts and Accessories as assigned
- Learn and execute the development process
- Research and Report Industry trends in bike specification
- Conduct competitive review and reporting used in the line and specification process
- Maintain product documentation in accordance with product development process.
- Coordinate activity with Sales, Marketing, Product Safety and Compliance, Design, Engineering and Supply Chain teams necessary for delivering product to market competitively and on-time.
- Meet, track and report product cost to ensure development meets brand financial standards for competitiveness and profitability
- Communicate exceptionally with original equipment and development vendors
- Negotiate with vendors for best cost and delivery
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Represent QBP with integrity
What you need to succeed:
- 0-3 years (outdoor, cycling industry, sales, marketing, product management or related field)
- A passion for the outdoors and cycling
- Understanding of the diverse cycling marketplaces, distribution channels, and consumers
- Strong business acumen to include financial analysis and retail math skills
- Technical knowledge of bicycles and components and mechanical ability to work on them
- Ability and desire to test bicycle components, or identify individuals who will
- A strong desire to learn from others
- Exceptional communication skills with a collaborative spirit
- Ability to balance a range of products with detail task level execution
- Ability to create direction and focus from ambiguity
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in different phases of development
- Practice and exhibit high self-awareness
- Domestic and International travel required 15-25% of weeks annually depending on responsibilities. Must be eligible to obtain international travel documents.
- Able to use phone and computer extensively on a daily basis
Modeling QBP Core Values:
- Act with integrity
- Be a true partner
- Create something special
- Deliver greatness
- Keep the customer first
Required: Resume and cover letter
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well.