Roark is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of our adventure lifestyle brand. The Assistant Store Manager will both partner and support the Store Manager in all aspects of the business operations of the Roark flagship location in Berkeley. The ASM will help manage the entire guest experience, operations, customer flow, staff, and floor inventory as efficiently as possible. They will also inspire and lead the floor team in providing unique, innovative, and superior Customer Service to all our customers -the type of Customer Service that makes people feel welcomed, heard, and helped the way a friend would help them find what they need.
We are looking for you to lead by example in a wide range of situations, and creative to problem solve on the fly. We expect you to be entrepreneurial, creative, and hold yourself and the team accountable for a successful environment.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the Store Manager with growing revenue by driving sales and business results through a premium guest experience, employee relations, and operations that are aligned with Roark Culture and Retail Operating Principles.
- Support Store Manager to Meet and/or exceed financial plan, including revenue plan, payroll budget, and overall store P&L.
- Manage and execute store product flow, restocking, overall back of house operations, supply needs, and daily store maintenance as directed by the Store Manager.
- Uphold visual merchandising directives within the store and maintain visual standards and brand image on a daily basis.
- Be a Roark product expert, understand the customer needs, share your product knowledge and guide our customers to product selections that meet their needs.
- Oversee Cashwrap & POS procedures. Reconcile tills, process returns, exchanges, gift cards,and discounts accurately.
- Partner with the Store Manager in supervising the store team including recruiting, hiring, training, and career development. Adhere to and support a Typical Week structure and facilitate daily scheduling/zoning to support this.
- Motivate and inspire staff to approach the sales floor each day with enthusiasm and outgoing stoke. Lead by example in everything you do.
- Share your product and customer care knowledge with staff, provide coaching & feedback relating to product and selling techniques in order foster productivity among the store team.
- Assist with performance check-ins with staff in accordance to corporate calendar.
- Collaborate, promote, and be present for all store events, unless otherwise approved by your manager.
- Help seek out local collaborations with relevant brands, artists, musicians and athletes to promote flagship location.
- Assist the Store Manager to lead the sales team in its goal of giving excellent Customer Service that customer loyalty and community is built.
- Help build Roark into a better version of itself by constant tactile and process improvements to
- our overall Sales/Customer Service approach.
- Create the most unique and interesting retail store in the Bay Area that speaks to what Roarkhas stood for since its inception.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3+ years retail experience with 1 year as an assistant store manager preferred.
- Preferred proficiency/knowledge in action sports, climbing, camping activities, and a passion for
- the outdoors.
- BA or BS required.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
- Self-motivated leader with strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Innate guest centric mindset.
- Shows elevated communication skills and can tailor style to suit the audience.
- Creative and adaptable team player with a winning and positive attitude.
We are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, and competitive pay and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include:
- Competitive compensation package (hourly with benefits)
- Discounts on the latest Roark Revival