Summary Description: Reporting to the Store Manager this position will assist in managing both the daily retail / rental and any special event functions from an operational and merchandising standpoint.
· Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service;
· Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth;
· Maintain merchandising and cleanliness standards;
· Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals;
· Demonstrate excellent knowledge of products and industry trends;
· Assist store manager in hiring, training, coaching, leading and maintaining a high-quality staff;
· Function as a training resources for employees in POS, product knowledge, and sales;
· Communicate company values, goals and policies to the employees;
· Monitor and control expenses as set within the budget;
· Administer company procedures, including cash handling, safety and loss prevention;
· Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards;
· Conduct performance reviews for coaching / development of staff on a regular basis; and,
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· Minimum of two years of retail experience;
· Minimum of one year of supervisory experience;
· Experience in the snowsport industry;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
· Excellent communications skills both written and verbal;
· Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task;
· Familiarity with retail POS systems is preferred;
· English fluency, written and verbal; and,
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.