Posting closes on 8/22/18 at 4:30 p.m.
We are the Change We Seek
Imagine working for a company with a proven record of changing the world for the better. At Klean Kanteen we are dedicated to providing safe, high quality products that encourage a healthy lifestyle, sustainability and environmental awareness. Success in making reusable bottles part of everyday life has inspired Klean Kanteen to innovate a wide range of products good for both people and the planet. We are committed to model a better way of doing things, and have fun doing it.
Community & Giving
Klean Kanteen is a Certified B Corp and 1% for the Planet member. Certified B Corporations are leading a global movement to redefine success in business and meet rigorous and independent B Corp standards of performance, accountability, and transparency—which all guide our business day to day, and into the years ahead. A 1% for the Planet member since 2008, we donate 1% of total revenue to environmental organizations focused on shared values—health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
Klean Kanteen takes great pride in the company we keep. There are many hands-on opportunities for participation with our partners, ensuring that real relationships are fostered between Klean and the organizations we support. As part of that philosophy, Klean Kanteen has an active employee volunteer program that supports employees’ passion around giving back. We’ve climbed mountains, built homes, restored habitat, and carried water to support those who have none. From hiking supplies to NatureBridge students in the High Sierra to supporting dam removal with American Rivers, our people are encouraged to be as involved and committed as Klean Kanteen’s charitable dollars.
Klean Kanteen is family-run, and employee-owned. We have a tight-knit, fun, team-oriented culture, with a robust employee training and development program. With a casual office setting and open work environment, you’ll find most people in jeans and t-shirts. Most importantly, we’re all here to make a difference, and enjoy plenty of exciting challenges ahead.
The Assistant Marketing Manager is a mid-level position responsible for project management and execution of initiatives and programs for the marketing team. The position requires strong organizational experience, excellent attention to detail, comfort with working with cross-functional teams, and juggling a myriad of projects at once. This position interacts directly with our global community, customers, non-profit partners, reps, distributors as well as vendors and outside agencies.
Organizational Chart / Reporting Relationship:
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Director, Marketing & Brand
- Embodies the mission and values of Klean Kanteen.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership and collaboration skills.
- Go To Market Support - Responsible for coordination and execution of programs tied to go to market planning (55%).
- Tradeshow Coordination - Responsible for all sales assets and booth support (15%).
- Team Support - Directly supports the entire marketing team on a variety of projects across all channels of marketing (30%).
Duties / Responsibilities to accomplish Essential Functions:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Mission and Values
Leadership and Collaboration
- Is a champion and advocate of the mission in all actions and interactions with our customers, partners and staff
- Actively supports Klean Kanteen values
Go To Market Support (55%)
- Actively supports a culture of accountability while maintaining the camaraderie and friendly nature so valued by the staff and leadership team of Klean Kanteen
- Actively participates in the development plan for the team as in their own professional growth plan
- Fosters a culture of transparency with the team and consumers of Klean Kanteen
- Follows departmental processes and procedures
- Measures and monitors progress against objectives and performance targets
- Supports the Director, Marketing & Brand and team with the execution of go-to-market plans.
- Coordinates projects for point of sale and retail support.
- Orders and coordinates delivery of promotional items, as needed.
- Places product orders for photoshoots, product seeding, and other projects, as needed.
- Coordinates and manages print projects with printers.
- Manages creative inputs and routes approvals internally.
- Uploads and manages imagery and assets on NuOrder and Dealer site.
- Executes promotions & contests.
- Assists with trade training tool updates (Experticity).
Tradeshow Coordination (15%):
Team Support (30%):
- Coordinates shipping of product, merchandising materials, samples, collateral, price lists, workbooks, business cards and all other show needs for stakeholders.
- Executes show promotions, storytelling and graphics orders based on plan from Director, Marketing & Brand.
- Coordinates the production of Klean Kanteen tradeshow booth assets (graphics, signs, booth improvements) working with booth vendor, agencies, cross functional teams.
- Recommends promotional plan for shows, including product seeding, happy hours, events and partnerships.
- Attends all major US trade shows (5-7 annually), fields customer inquiries, and presents the Klean brand to show attendees including, media, retail customers, brand partners.
- Assists with booth setup and/or breakdown when necessary.
- Directly supports the entire marketing team on a variety of projects across all channels of marketing.
- Provides information and updates to global and cross-functional teams including, marketing content, marketing success examples, initiatives and events.
- Maintains a list of standard new product responses, and creates customized, personal responses as needed. Responds to vendor inquiries, routing requests to appropriate person.
- Responds to requests for creative assets globally (logo and image requests, marketing materials).
- Maintains and organizes historical library of graphics, communications and support tools and ensures key assets are in document control.
- Coordinates delivery of sales samples (product + support materials), as needed.
- Follows SOPs established by the marketing team for all projects.
- Tracks the team marketing budget, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally with all types of customers, people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google documents and Dropbox, Adobe Suite software (Illustrator, InDesign).
- Strong leadership skills, creativity, and ability to interact with multiple internal departments and external partners.Proven customer service skills with internal and external customers both in-person and via other media such as e-mail and telephone.
- Demonstrated excellent project coordination and organizational skills; ability to organize, plan and manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking, ask clarifying questions and execute approved direction.
- Proven analytical, research, problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently; self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Education or Formal Training:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field required.
- Emphasis in marketing, advertising, brand management and/or sales preferred.
Direct or relevant combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities in qualifying:
- 3-5 years of equivalent experience in marketing required.
- Experience executing and coordinating multiple marketing projects simultaneously and an understanding of the key steps involved to ensure success required.
- Experience tracking budgets for projects required.
- Outdoor industry, natural foods and/or lifestyle brand experience preferred.
- Passion for and interest in sustainability, reusable solutions and the mission of Klean Kanteen.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Desktop/ Laptop computer, MAC, Adobe Suite software (Illustrator, InDesign) printers, fax and copy machines, and other standard office equipment
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Ability to travel to tradeshows, conferences and events periodically (5-7 annually)
- Standard business / cubicle environment as well as outdoors
- Work in all weather conditions Bending, and reaching forward, sideways, and overhead
- Sitting and standing for long periods at a time
- Operation of motor vehicle (requires valid California driver’s license)Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE