We are currently seeking an Accessories Designer who has the ability to inspire and direct, while providing engineered solutions in design excellence. This role supports the Group Design Manager (GDM) in the facilitation of trends, themes, concepts, materials and engineered solutions as they apply to the Kathmandu brand. This is an environment where innovation, collaboration, learning's and experimentation are strongly encouraged. This roles primary focus is to support the GDM by ensuring the brand remains distinctive by pushing industrial design, development & engineering.
- Design and develop industry leading accessories whilst ensuring Kathmandu DNA is upheld throughout all new concept/developments
- Ensuring execution of strategic design direction is supported through research, trend analysis and consumer ergonomics studies resulting in enhanced consumer product experience
- Ensuring that cohesive industrial designs are created that enhance Kathmandu product ranges with consideration of engineered & material, solutions, graphic & packaging
- Planning and actively tracking the development schedule of products with vendors and ensuring timely completion to the agreed calendar
- Implementing both general and market specific compliance into products in accordance with Kathmandu compliance standards by ensuring product care and compliance labelling is current and accurate
- Developing products that meet relevant global standards and maintaining all supporting documentation
This is not a job; it's a career opportunity for a candidate who will thrive in a fun, fast paced but professional environment. You will have;
- A degree in Design
- At least 5 years' Design experience, ideally gained within a similar outdoor or sportswear brand
- Advanced in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & 3D programs
- Knowledge of product design & development
- Sound knowledge of material types, relevant construction techniques, and process
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong design, conceptual & development skills, strong sense of style and colour
The right personal attributes that align with Kathmandu's friendly and open culture and values is paramount; we are our Brand, and have affinity for travel and adventure lifestyle pursuits, we want you to understand our passion too.
If you are looking for a role with a forward thinking, innovative company where you can have a real impact on direction, this is the role for you.
Kathmandu offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with level of experience, fantastic staff discounts, and a relaxed and friendly team environment.